We do share a “fideua” recipe. It is a fideua with chicken and saffron in threads. Find hereunder how to make it step by step. Do not miss any of the details.
Fideua with Saffron Recipe
- A small chicken in pieces
- A red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- A small handful of saffron in threads, 20 grs.
- A medium size grated tomato
- A handful of noodles
- A little of olive oil and water for the broth.
- Salt and pepper.
We also need a big frying-pan and a medium-sized casserole for the broth.
- Cut the chicken into small bite-sized pieces, together with the medium-sized cut garlic cloves and the red pepper in small pieces.
- Prepare the broth in a casserole to your taste. Add the saffron, let boil to add the noodles further on.
- Add olive oil in a big frying-pan and heat in a medium heat, then add the red pepper and the garlic. It is important to let simmer until tender.
- Then add the chicken with pepper and salt and brown it in a low fire. When ready, put it aside on a plate. Add the chopped tomato with a little bit of salt. Turn the heat up and fry it lightly. When nearly all the water has been reduced, remove it from the fire.
- Add the noodles into the pan and stir for three to four minutes.
- Then put the chicken into the pan and stir, with the broth and the hot noodles.
- Finally, heat the mix in a high fire for about seven minutes until the noodles are cooked. Let it rest for about three minutes and serve.
And to round off the menu: a good year red wine and dessert, tiramisu or mascarpone, your choice!