There is in traditional cuisine a delicious dish which mothers and grandmothers have placed on our tables for years: garlic soup. Now as we are heading into autumn and the cold weather is at our doorstep, we have to be prepared to fill our stomachs with a dish which provides us with strength and stamina. And not only that! To this well-known recipe we will be adding that touch which will make the dish irresistible: the exquisite Antonio Sotos saffron.
There are many ways of cooking this garlic with saffron soup. After all, every maestro has his/her little recipe book. We dare you to create your own version and to send us a photo to our Instagram (@antoniosotos).
Here’s the recipe from Antonio Sotos:
Garlic and saffron soup ingredients:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 5 cups water or chicken broth
- 1 pinch of saffron strand
- 4 slices of hard bread
- 4 eggs
- Salt and spices to taste
Garlic and saffron soup Preparation
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Then, peel and dice the garlic into small slices. Then fry into hot oil until the garlic begins to brown slightly.
- Meanwhile, cut 4 slices of bread and fry in a separate frying pan, and being careful not to burn the bread.
3. Add the paprika to the garlic and cook for a few seconds. Add the water or chicken broth, if you wish to make the garlic soup tastier. Cook the end mixture over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. In order to better preserve the flavour of our delicious saffron, add a couple saffron strands during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Remove the soup from the heat and add the beaten eggs, stirring constantly. Season to taste with salt and spices.
Garlic and saffron soup ingredients serving presentation:
To wow your guests, ladle the garlic and saffron soup in a bowl and place next to two slices of fried bread and a poached egg. They will love it!
This garlic and saffron soup is an easy and simple dish which never fails at meals. Did you like this recipe? Do you know of any other recipe with saffron? Drop us a line on our social networks recommending a certain dish or showing us those dishes that you have prepared using the Antonio Sotos saffron. We’re waiting for you!