Serving a saffron sponge cake is the perfect excuse to impress your friends and relatives. You will show them your ability in the art of pastry . Saffron is not usually one of the ingredients used to prepare a sponge cake, that is the reason why you will be tempted to do your best to serve such an original dessert
Let’s move from words to action, find hereunder how to prepare it:
- 5 medium- size eggs
- 125 grams of multi-fruit flavour yogurt
- 300 grams of flour
- 200 grams of white sugar
- 120 ml of sunflower oil
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- 1 packet of 0’2 grams of safran in threads
- 1 grated lemon rind
- Put the eggs with the sugar and the yogurt in a medium-size bowl.
- Beat the mixture
- Add oil, the grated lemon ring and the saffron threads
- Beat the mixture again and add the baking powder and flour
- Beat again but more slowly
- Put an over paper on a baking dish
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish
- Sprinkle with sugar and put the dish in the oven already pre-heated at 200 degrees
- After 5 minutes in the oven, lower the temperature to 180 degrees and let it bake for another 30 minutes
- After that time, check that the sponge cake is well baked inside
- Finally, let cool before serving. And ready!
When your sponge cake has cooled off, you can add fruit and raisins to decorate your sponge cake with more creativity. You can also use a template to make some type of design. Sprinkle with icing sugar to give it a snowy aspect. Creativity!