There are many many chocolate nougat recipes, but, very few such as this. Jot down this very easy saffron chocolate nougat recipe. An extra luscious and luxurious nougat thanks to the saffron, raisin, orange zest and of course, quality chocolate. Take a chance and opt for sweets prepared by you this Christmas.
Saffron chocolate nougat recipe
40g white or chocolate puffed rice
75g chocolate with almonds (chopped or unchopped)
75g chocolate with hazelnuts (chopped or unchopped)
100g chocolate fondant
A few strands of saffron
Half orange zest
A handful of raisins
A small glass of cognac
– Soak the raisins in a small glass with cognac for at least half an hour.
– Chop the chocolates and place them in a bowl.
– Place them in the microwave (low-medium power) and take out the bowl every 2 seconds, turning the chocolate over ensuring that it does not burn until the chocolate is melted. If you don’t have a microwave, you can melt the chocolate in a Bain Marie.
– Melt the butter in the microwave and add to the melted chocolate.
– Now add the puffed rice, saffron strands, raisins and orange zest.
– Put the mixture into a mould (preferably, a silicone mould) and let stand for a day.
Certain tips so that your saffron chocolate nougat is perfect.
– Use top quality ingredients. The secret behind of a good chocolate nougat is in chocolate. How many industrial chocolate nougats that were not so great have you tried?
– Should you wish you can add some chopped nuts which are great with raisins.
-Should you wish a more diet friendly version, it can be made using vegetable butter.
– Instead of raisins soaked in cognac, you can use orange liqueur and dried raisins.